Information submitted via this form is encrypted for privacy. It will function with most smartphones, tablets, and computers but does require basic knowledge of browser and camera function on your device. Use this secure contact form to ask general questions about services that we offer, request or change an appointment, transmit medical information such as medical history, insurance cards or photos, and if you are an established patient ask brief non-urgent medical questions that do not require an immediate reply. Do not use this form for emergencies or urgent questions. If you are having an emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room. If you are an established patient and have a medical question that requires a reply within less than 2 business days please contact the office by phone. When completing the form, please complete every field and state the purpose of your message or we will not be able to reply.
If you are a new patient being referred by another physician or medical practitioner for excision of a lesion (at least 5mm in diameter) this tool can allow you to skip the office consultation by making it possible for you to relay the necessary information (including photos of the lesions(s) and insurance cards) needed by our office to authorize and schedule your procedure. Currently this is only available to patients who have already been evaluated by a medical professional who has recommended excision of a lesion by a plastic surgeon. Please do not upload photos unless you have been instructed to do so by a referring physician or other medical professional or by our office. Also do not upload photos of malignant melanoma as these skin cancers must be directly evaluated in the office prior to scheduling an operation. Currently, plastic surgical repair is only covered by insurance for lesions that are 5mm in diameter or larger. We do not offer non-operative treatment of skin lesions. Please be aware that even if you successfully upload your photos, in some cases Dr. Fremling may determine that a preoperative visit is still needed regardless.
If you are using a smartphone or tablet please make the following adjustments:
- Establish a wifi connection (3G and 4G Broadband connections are usually insufficient for uploading encrypted photographic data).
- If you are going to upload photos, go into your camera menu and reduce the resolution of your camera (preferably to 5 mp or less depending upon the speed of your wifi connection). If you are unable to adjust your resolution, you may be able to use the selfie camera on your device instead as this typically has a lower resolution.
What is the nature of your email message?
Attach up to 5 files such as medical records, photos, or other documents. (*If you are sending photos please see important photo tips below). If you have more than 5 files to upload you will need to send multiple messages.
In the field below please provide the last 4 digits of your social security number (or 4 digits that you are able to remember reliably). You will use these 4 digits to open any encrypted messages that we may send to you. [e.g. rps#5555 where 5555 are the 4 digits that you have provided]
Each lesion should have a minimum of two well-lit photos: one from a sufficient distance that the location can be determined (e.g. a full face photo for a lesion on the cheek or a full hand photo for a lesion on a knuckle) and a close-up photo with a ruler next to the lesion to determine size (metric is preferred but not required). If the lesion is not visible such as a flesh-colored lesion or a cyst or lipoma below the level of the skin, a marker should be used to outline the borders of the lesion before taking the photographs. When in doubt it is better to outline the lesion.
If you are uploading photos of your insurance card please make sure to upload photos of both the front and the back of the card (2 images).
Although this program works with most smartphones, tablets, and computers there may be technical reasons why it might not work with your device that require technical know-how that we are unable to provide. If this is the case you may consider the following options:
- If the program does not open the camera on your smartphone or tablet you may take photos of lesions/cards using the camera on your device first and then open this page and use the form to select and upload the files you wish to send.
- Use an alternate device. You may use the smartphone or tablet of a trusted friend or family member or if you have access to a computer and can upload files and photos to your computer you can open this page on your computer and upload the files from there. If you use someone else’s device make sure to delete any photos that may have been stored on their device during the uploading process.
- Schedule an office visit – no smartphone or computer required. Call 303-466-3261 to schedule an appointment. During this visit Dr. Fremling will evaluate the lesion(s), discuss treatment options and schedule surgery for a different date of service. Surgery will not be performed on the same day as a consultation. Normal office charges apply.
- Mail or hand-deliver hard copies of photos and/or documents during normal business hours. You do not need to schedule a visit to drop off paperwork and there are no charges for dropping off or mailing paperwork.
- Use standard email to send information. Because standard email is not encrypted this is not recommended as your data could be intercepted by a 3rd party. If you choose this unapproved method, Restoration Plastic Surgery, P.C. is not liable for the loss of any of your private information during transmission.
- Establish an encrypted portal with our office. To do this, contact our office, provide your email address and ask for a hushmail password (usually rps# followed by the last 4 digits of your social security number). We will email a link and a password. When you open the link, you will establish a passphrase for future communications through Hushmail. Once you have opened the link you can reply via Hushmail much as you would with a standard email however this link will encrypt any information you send to us protecting your privacy.
- Fax paperwork. This works fine for documents and insurance cards and is HIPPA-compliant but does not work adequately for photos. Our fax number is 303-466-3674.